Wednesday 14 August 2013
1. I've started inventing rules. Maybe more like guidelines because, yeah, I hate being strict to myself. These rules/guidelines are going to make me a better, more organized and confident person.I have a vision for the person I want to be. I'll create my rules along the way as I see fit. It'll help me solidify or bring substance to this vision of the person I want to be so as to make me easier to achieve my vision. I've never put any rules on food though. I can't do that to myself. I love food. I eat what I want. Pizza, chocolate, cookies and cakes. 

Rule Number 1 : 
I have to sleep by midnight. I almost always sleep way after midnight. When it's late at night, everything seems to be much more interesting. The internet, organizing files on my laptop, reading, doodling, drawing, doing homework and the such. When people ask me when I do my homework, I say that I start at midnight with music playing on my laptop. With the establishment of this rule, I'll have more hours of sleep and thus perhaps wake up earlier such as at 7 A.M instead of 11 A.M on holidays and weekends. 

Rule Number 2 : 
Breakfast in the morning. At least a banana. Helps with brain function and such and it seems like an easy thing to do. Easy as in unlike exercising which I've tried before to make a habit of but as I said, I don't strictly enforce my rules upon myself. Honestly though, I went through a phase where I tried to make myself go jogging a few times a week and I just ended up walking more, jogging less, and hating it, wondering why I did it at all. 

Rule Number 3 :
Grow thick skin. It's not exactly very definitive, but it means what it means. Ignore snide remarks, be less sensitive to what bad things about me I think people are thinking. Be less conscious of my every little move and face expressions. Stop being so easily upset by people. This one guy describes it as "the ability to adapt and roll with changes and challenges common to life, as well as the ability to bounce back from particularly difficult times." 

Rule Number 4 : 
Save RM100 per month. My weekly school allowance is RM25. I have this minor rule of spending no less than RM3 a day. So far, it's holding up. I tried a minor rule of saving RM6 a week but I could never keep track, weeks pass by in a blink of an eye. Months, however, pass by slower. A lot of the time, my parents give me a lot of extra money. Despite the financial journal I kept for June and half of July - which I discontinued due to my lack of determination - I've been doing a lot of spending and little to none of saving. I ended up spending my KFC jar -temporary savings storage- money too. That was a sign that I was letting my finances burn in chaos. This rule is redemption. Scraping up a hundred a month shouldn't be too hard, right?

Rule Number 5 : 
Wash my hair every alternate day. I love my hair, I hate my hair. It's pretty, ugly, unmanageable and hell. It's really a girl thing, a guy wouldn't understand, but hair is crazy. It never goes the way you want it too. Sometimes it's all obedient and calm and then it's a rampage of messiness and anarchy. You never even know what you did wrong! So I thought maybe some kind of structure will help. A system. Washing it every alternate day. If it doesn't work, at least you know it wasn't your fault. Hair's just naturally a bitch and a pain in the ass.

2. I want to go to Ireland. I kinda dig Ireland guys now. Well, at least the ones in the movie P.S I Love You. Besides that, it looks like a wonderful place to visit. 

3. I'm doing fine. It's school holidays now, we're celebrating Raya Aidilfitri. I've got tons of things to do that I'm putting off, namely my motor licence test that I failed and have to redo in the near future that which I am putting off. Bad, bad I know but it's terrifying. It is, it is. I also need to get back into tennis, another thing I'm horridly putting off. I hate myself for that, but it's scary. It is, it is. Everytime before tennis, I get that feeling in my tummy. A nervousness of some sort. Every god damn time, but I go anyway. I like tennis, I do. I suck at it, compared to other amazing, annoyingly disciplined kids on the Pahang team. Honestly it's like a childhood trauma. Tennis people scare me. They make me feel like I'm a silly girl who neither has the passion or discipline to play tennis. Which is true, but I shouldn't feel so offended. I get offended because I have thin skin. Which is why I invented rule number 3, to get thick skin so I'd forget this childhood trauma. It's working a bit, but I guess not much since I'm still putting off the tennis training. 

4. I finished 4 books in less than a fortnight, what do I do now?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com